Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Ava Doll






Back story: 
AIed October 17th. Confirmed bred via milk sample and sonogram. 
Moved here (8 hr or so ride) December 20th or so.
First week of February: Had clear red mucus hanging from vulva.

Never seemed to come into heat.
I wanted to get her to the vet for a hoof trim and prep check before we dried her off. But didn't get it done. So dried her off a little late if she will calve. (beginning of June)
 
She never felt hot or seemed to have mastitis.

Now as of last night her udder has changed. it is an obvious change but not even. She is not warm to the touch at all. But I have read that it can be mastitis. Or just uneven udder development. I don't know. 

Due date should be August 1st if she is still a go. What do you think? I also wonder if she is too thin?


Above is what I posted to a dairy cow forum I love. I had to post pictures here as I only know how to post pictures there with my phone. It made me go down memory lane. I visited one of my old favorite blogs. Made me wish others weren't deleted. And made me yearn to post here again. We will see how it goes and if the want to blog stays. I have missed blogs for so long. But Most are too sterile/professional for me I can't stand it. I get the recipe or info and run. I want home blogs to come back. So I again hope to be that for someone else.

Above is my Moo Moo Ava. I love her. Though we can't just lay in the pasture together like I could with Jocelyn. I pray either she or another cow will fill that for me one day. Ava is a big and beautiful Brown Swiss. Patrick says entirely too big. ;)

 

No comments: