Friday, November 7, 2014

Latest quilt project.

I was waiting to post this til they received it. And I am pretty sure they have. 
Joelle,Rhyyan and Lilley helped me make this. It was fun until blocks vanished... And time seemed to be running away from me. But we pushed thru. Made replacement blocks. And finished with time to spare. 
    Rome is a friends son. He is 6. And is going in for a surgery November 12th. I can't imagine my 6 year old facing this. We are praying so hard for them. This quilt has a few of his favorite things on it. The Forrest, ocean ( I really wish the first ocean block hadn't disappeared, Joelle had done fish, jellyfish, seaweed and more. If we ever find it we plan to send it to him as a pillow) bunnys, and we included what we hope looks like Romneya poppies. A white California poppy he was named after. And part way thru we realized we could do 6 of things for his age. 
   It was fun. I like doing projects with the children. You lose ability to have things 'just right' but you gain quality time and they gain great learning in sewing etc. soooo worth it. I'm thankful. And I think it turned out ok. We like it. 
    That was the 5th quilt we had a part or a whole in, in the last 2 mths. So we have moved on to other things. We are currently done with quilts. I think. ;) currently knitting has taken my interest as well as Rhyyans. Her a scarf and me a hat. I just finished one. Third way thru a second. And then I have one more that I am hoping to do before I lose interest. I'm good at that. ;)

No comments: