Monday, November 10, 2014

Shifting

For many years I've wanted to figure out how to do this parenting thing. And be a good housekeeper. I couldn't figure out a balance of chores and play and school. It was not fun or easy. It wasn't working. I did fine with 2,3,4 children. Then my pregnancy and nursing with Malachi changed everything. It was rough. Really rough. We either had a clean house or a really messy one that was craft littered. Neither worked for us. Both were stressful. 
   But the last mth we have had a clean house and lots of fun. Many crafts and school. And mostly fun. We have a system. It is really working. Even though I had 6 sick children since Friday afternoon. My house is still mostly picked up. We have a load of dishes to do. And the girls room needs a little work. But it is really not messy. And I'd not be embarrassed at all to have any company. ( but wait a few days.. We are not yet fully healthy after this bug. It was a rough one. But if you are really brave. Or maybe stupid come on over. I'll give you some chicken soup. And pray you don't get sick. ;) )
    The children argue less. And create more. They get jobs done faster. I am not totally sure what all changed things. But our house is flowing. I am focusing on art more. And the children do so well cleaning up afterwards. 
    Right now 5 children are making items from a great baking clay Joelle made. I'll post a recipe later. It is really nice. Bakes up hard and doesn't crumble at all. Not sticky to work with. We are loving it. And one is painting handmade cards with a watercolor set. 
     Time is more available. We all have plenty of time to follow our interests. And can keep up on the house. Except for mopping. I'm bad at that... Just don't look down please. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys are feeling better today and we all are praying for you guys -Gabe

Patrick and Emily said...

Thank you Gabe! Love you so much!