Tuesday, December 30, 2014

This week... So far...

My freezer quit. It was not even 4 years old. It was full. I had no idea it could hold so much. I filled over 70 jars to can. And fed the chickens very well yesterday and today. :P 
   I am so thankful for the beast. My 20 qt canner. 
This would have been a much more dreary task with out him. He was worth every penny. I love him. 
I won't replace the freezer. I don't like them enough. I've am always scared they will do as this one did.  We have a chest freezer in the shop. And honestly it is the one that scared me. Mainly cause it is outta sight outta mind. But I only have 1 half gallon jar available. All other canning jars are used. Again. 
   I think I am getting ahead. Emptying jars for summer. Just to fill them again. :/  I had just ordered garbanzo beans to can also... For summer time fast food. We love hummus. But now canning the beans will have to wait. :/ 
    I need more jars. Honestly I would like to add 500-1000 to my stash. But our house is small. With no cellar. So finding room is hard. But I am amazed I can still fit some in. 

   My washer also gave out this weekend. Sears appliances stink. In the last 4 years we have bought a washer,dryer, fridge, freezer and ride on mower. All. Died.  In under 4 years. We even bought the 3 year warranty s. had to call them out so many times to fix them. I was certain they would call a couple of them lemons and replace them. But they DIdNT. 
    I know a family of 9 uses a washer way more than most families.but even if i used it three times more it should have lasted that long. And the fridge and freezer?  How can you be too hard on them?Their stuff is junk. Never again. I have a wringer washer I am getting fixed. But for now hand washing. I kinda like it. And my clothes are cleaner than the HE washer ever thought about doing. I am only on day two. ;)
     So if you have jars. Or know someone who does... Let me know! I'm interested. Very.

No comments: