Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Bulk shopping

At least from the local Mennonite store. Beans and other things must be ordered. And needs to happen soon. I need to can beans for summer use. 

50lbs of flour 
100lbs oats
50 lbs of sugar
1/2 gallon of honey
4 lbs of cocoa 
5 lbs of ðŸ¥œ butter
3 packs chocolate chips
4.5 lbs salt
1.5 lbs corn starch
2 lbs baking powder
4lbs baking soda
4 lbs crispy rice :)
5 lbs raisins 
10 oz cream of tartar
1 qt chlorophyll 
Bottle of Rennet.  (8 ounce?)
We try to do this monthly. But is has been much longer. It is hard to go 45 minutes away. We are getting too busy just here at home. Price was $200. Can't beat it anywhere. I never buy Rice Krispies. But we just had great granola bars at a friends last week. And the children have wanted them since. So I figured it was worth it. 
   The recipe was from Mom with a mission blog. Her chewy granola bars. So good. Below is our first batch. A double batch. I'm Hoping I can make them be the first breakfast in the morning. So while I cook I don't hear about how hungry they are. Haha!

No comments: