Friday, December 30, 2011

Making Jew Bee some moccasins...







I need to decide how to tighten up the ankles and they are done. I am not a fan of shoes. I think they are bad news on young feet. But he needs something warmer for his feet.  I was dreading this project yet excited about it also. It was really fun!  But now I am worried about how to tighten the the ankles up. I have a couple ideas but not sure which is best and how easy one would be...
    Over all I think they are really cute! I want to make some for other children but want to complete these first.

   Hand sewing leather is fun! I used 1 long string with a needle on each end. You can see in the 2nd picture kinda how I did it. Being leather all holes had to be pre punched. Which was fun. I could really get stuck on leather working! Daddy has made some nice stuff and I have a little Brother Fonte's age that also loves working with leather.
   We HAVE to get good at tanning hides!

Momma

1 comment:

joyful spirit said...

Wow! those are soooo cool - what is that tool called in the picture? Can't wait to see them on his feet, momma's momma ♥