Monday, December 2, 2013

Soup day!

On soup day the children chop chop chop. They love soup day. Generally we make bone broth based soup. I also make pots of rice to help fill tummies. I like it to last 2 meals. That is getting harder around these parts. ;) 
    I make food from what I have on hand. I don't like recipes or ridgid meal planning. For a few reasons. 1 is cost. They are not budget or farm friendly. 2: we never have all items needed for them. 
    So I made certain days mean something here. It works well. So I have started meal planning. 
 Monday ... Bake over
Tuesday ... Rice
Wednesday ... Casserole
Thursday ... Soup 
Friday ... Pizza

Weekends anything goes. If we have no leftovers we make dang quesadillas,pudding or popcorn.  I like simple food. Easy. No fuss.  I adore soup day. I pack in lots of veggies. And they love it. They make it so to them it is perfect. :) 

All fingers are still attached. 
Notice the ulu knife. Not being used. Ulu is a Alaskan Eskimo knife. Translated it means ' woman's knife'.  Malachi is a man. 
  New crockpot. I love it. Makes soup day perfect. Planning on rice pudding in it later. And the lid clamps down. I plan to start taking it to church for lunch. Eating lunch at 3 or 4 on Sundays does work well. 

No comments: