Sunday, June 22, 2014

A few of my House plants...

Aloe Vera. A friend at Bakers Creek gave it to me. She said it was sunburnt but she thought it would live. 
It has! And had 3 babies! It is also getting stronger and bigger! 

This guy I fell in love with at the nursery. And brought him home. Earlier that day I had found this handmade mug at the thrift store for 50 cents! DIdNT want to use it for drinking. They are a perfect match!
    A couple weeks later it sent out this 'feeler'. We were tempted to cut it off. Then it bloomed. The blooms lasted a good long while. Then the left. Again I was tempted to cut it off. 

But then it grew a baby! No idea what I do next. Can't find instructions online. But I think I have learned to water it and not touch. ;)

Another cute succulent that keeps having babies! Love them!
They are growing so well I am wanting tons of plants now!
African violet. Friends were moving. I wanted it but was so scared to take it. They are known to die. Not my kinda plant. I turned it down. Parris though accepted it. 
Then forgot about it. It was nearly dead. Had 4 leaves when I stole it from her room. Now it is thriving! And I'm not scared of them anymore. Either she is a good plant or window placement and watering is key? No idea. But I want more of them. And I hope they really are easy....

No comments: