Thursday, April 23, 2015

Some of today's food.


Perfect tall biscuits. We ate them for second breakfast with blueberry jam. Yummy! 
   Yes second breakfast. Our day goes:
Snack ( those up before me)
Breakfast
2ndbreakfast
Lunch
Snack
Snack
Supper. 

Or something like that. But 2 breakfasts. Daily.  This warm weather has all the children thinking there is a bigger need for food. So we are going thru the jam.  And the butter. Trying to use up eggs. But the chickens are faster at laying it seems. I love spring problems. 
Chives. Cut for the dehydrator. I plan to use it as much as the canner this year. 
We stole out a handful for the mashed potatoes for supper. ( they smell so yum!) chicken is heading to the grill. We are nearly out of last years chickens. And not raising more this year. 900 last year did us in. But I almost miss it already. But green stuff is my focus this year. 
Rhubarb. Yum. From mom/Grammys yard. I finally planted some. Our neighbor gave me a few starts. They are looking good. I hope to have a great harvest in a couple years. But until then this and farmers market. 
Strawberries. Cause rhubarb. 
Match made in heaven. True story. You know where this is going right? Pie. We love pie. Pie shows love. It has too. Add this stuff to the inside. Oh man. 

Tonight's menu. 
Grilled chicken
Mashed taters
Pie
Ice cream

I'd add a veggie. But we ate asparagus several times today. So I think we are good to skip it. 
   That pile of asparagus I had last night? Half a grocery sack full. Gone. Good news though. Our neighbor brought us a bag this afternoon. Fuller than yesterday's. Yum!!!  2 years ago we were almost sick of it. We ate it a couple times a day and had to find other ways to eat it. This year we are getting satisfied. Last year we got teased only. It changes each year. 
   I'll attempt pictures when it is done cooking. But no promises. I'm tired. My bed buddies didn't sleep well last night.  And one was clingy today. So I'm tired. 

No comments: