Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Brownies!

Because it is nearly 2 am and I am awake still. Ick. I was wasting time online. I saw a nocturne of two sisters making brownies. Their mom captioned the pic "they are making brownies from the same recipe my sister and I used as children after school" 
    For years I have tried to find my childhood brownie recipe. Which was from Mama Cashs cookbook. I repeatedly failed in my search. But Johnny cash is a big name in this house. And I'm thinking his mama had to be the best at everything. And I know that her brownies delighted me as a child.  
    So I decided again to give it another google search. Annnnd I won!!!!!! 
Someone posted it to a website. http://www.food.com/recipe/mama-cashs-brownies-johnny-cashs-mama-329942

Seriously. I win. I hope I can get enough stuff done tomorrow that I can introduce my children to these.
 But that would also mean grocery shopping. So I kinda doubt it. But soon. And notice I took a screen shot.
 I guess I don't trust the recipe to always be there. But I'm excited. I am pretty certain I have pictures of 
myself making these when I was 11-12. I should dig it out. I'm not sure if it is lack of sleep or the dozen 
Or more years I have searched for this recipe. But I'm excited!!!!


No comments: