Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Daisy Mae

I had left Daisy on her mom longer than I ever have. Longer than I ever want to again. I highly prefer bottle feeding. 

  She was very standoff from us. And when I took her off Fawn she refused a bottle or s bucket. I thought I'd never halter train her or get to touch her without sneaking up on her. 

But she is like a darling puppy now. In fact I am having to teach her big self to give people room now day. Ha! It's great. 


I was squatting loving the lambs and she decided I needed love. She makes me happy. Look at those lashes! 

Good news. I finally feel confident in saying she is naturally polled!! Neighbors confirmed yesterday that her dad (Hereford/ Angus) was a naturally polled bull. I'm so glad. One less 'to do'. 

We cleaned up the house garden today. The children had built shelters and dug lots of holes there over the winter. It all got cleaned up. And tomorrow I spread hay thick there. I have a bunch of straw that is supposed to be here this week. Yesterday actually.... 

   So I'm trying to get more than ready for it. Because I hope to place another order quick. My plan is several Ruth Stout style gardens this year. 

No comments: