Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Documenting

But This might be boring. But is the easiest place for me to document. 

January 26th we had a friend bring us the animals he sold us. (Thanks to my mother in law!) 

This Stella. The momma goat. And her two kids Luna and Moonshine. 
Their adorable. We love them and get a qt or more once a day even with the kids on her full time. 
The evening sky just after they got put in their pens. It was a lovely night.

We were in the market for a milk cow. To raise up steers for meat. So we also got Gracie a 3 year old Jersey. She is possibly bred. I'll be doing a blood test soon. Need to get vials. 
   We also got a 4 mth old weaned jersey bull. Price was right.  And I can't find a jersey bull anywhere to borrow. I have a friend that has a Dexter I heard. So I'll be calling him soon I think.( planning this week)  Fawn needs bred. Sooner than later is preferred.  I've already pushed it back further than I like to. But that's mostly due to lack of options. So planning ahead to next breeding seemed important. 
   I've never raised a bull. I don't want to. But no other choice is no other choice. After breeding he goes to freezer camp. Provided he can last that long. He is in a different pen than my Daisy Mae. Also 4 months. But I hope to get a further away pen before summer time. I wish I had a place he could go live until I needed him. Oh well. I need to dehorn him this week. That might be a circus. But I will not keep him with horns. 

Malachi named him Frankincense. Know why? 

No comments: