Monday, May 12, 2014

Bedtime

Tonight we have all earned bed.lots got done. On this Monday even. Kinda crazy. Mondays kill us. Parris and I are expecting it to come a different day this week. Hoping it doesn't though.  I had an extra job drawing. So everyone did something that needed extra attention in addition to their chores. It worked well. Plan is one a day. Some are easy and fun. Others aren't so much. But so goes life. 
   Number 1 plan is keeping busy. Productive. Hard not to fall into the lazy cycle at times. Or being so busy in the normal that we don't progress. 
   I need to clean up the iPad. Too full to take pictures. Blah. Might steal Patrick's phone for a bit to give yard updates. 
    Rhyyan and Lilley are flying in school. I let them learn to read later since it wasn't easy coming. And now they are really cruising. I like this later happening thing. But plan to lightly start Malachi in over the summer rather than wait for fall. He has been asking for more school. Might see if Judah will do it with him. He is really young. But I like doubling up the grades. 
     I thought this was a butcher week. But I think next week instead. The 3 big girls butchered a couple chickens today. They are still on the small side. Kinda a bummer. But waiting is also good. If we need the meat butchering a couple more isn't an issue. 
    I am proud of my girls.they have always done well with butchering. They respect the animal. Thank God for it. And gently butcher it to feed us. Or help butcher it. Some may think it is a silly thing to be proud of. But I am just the same. 
    Rhyyan just killed,skinned and cooked her first rabbit. She did well with it. Joelle taught her all the body parts. We don't generally eat unclean meats. But we also understand the desire she had to do so. She was sad she couldn't tell papaw. But so proud of herself. And we of her. :)
    Good night. Hopefully I'll have pictures to post tomorrow. 

No comments: