Saturday, May 10, 2014

First asparagus of the year!


Due to two neighbors ( one picks wild, one has a large planted area) and wild in our yard, we very easily eat 20- 70 lbs of asparagus a year. So wonderful! We love it!
    Creamed asparagus over cornbread. Or breaded and fried with eggs it is so delicious. I love spring food. 
   Living here causes several problems. Mainly having too much of a perishable food. Like milk, eggs and asparagus. And I never turn down fresh food. I buy or barter anything my neighbors have fresh. One neighbor I trade butter for eggs. That is so handy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum! That looks good! Have you ever had it pickled?

My favorite way to eat asparagus is just in a few inches of water in a skillet. Cooked until just tender but still has some crunch. Then sprinkled with some salt. And soy sauce if I have it.

Mmmm!