Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chickens...

 Things I hate to buy at the grocery store are chicken and also eggs. We'd rather do without eggs than to get them from the store. Are they really even eggs? Blech! And I try not to think about the chicken... Went a long time without it cause it grossed me out badly.
    I am working on a large chicken order this morning from our very favorite Hatchery. Mt. Healthy Hatcheries. We have lost very few birds from them. Great quality and service. We tried to order from other places. That was a huge fail. :P
    We are getting 50 layers (Rhode Island Reds) and 250-300 Meat birds. Plus bonus chicks. For every fifty you order you get 25 extra birds of their choice. Broth/soup birds. YUM.
   I am planning to can lots of broth and meat. I love the ease of canned meat. And I love that we are raising great meat! I hope to someday have a beef cow a yr or something too. One thing at a time to get closer to our own meat. <3
   Momma

No comments: