Saturday, February 11, 2012

Giving myself a headache...


Daddy and 2 children left to a barn raising. Jew Bee has been napping and playing. And the 3 big girls are busy here at the house. Dad basically challenged me to knit him a hat... I.do.not.knit. Really. At this point washing Walmart toilets would be easier...
     I have had a basic knowledge of knitting since I was 10 or so. But crocheting is way faster and easier. I like fast and easy. But somethings are better knitted I hear.... And Daddy wants a good knit hat for his Survival bag.... A friend is also knitting him one... So if I fail this yarn can be a birds nest or something....
   DC Talk is playing in the background. Ahhh. Seems the perfect knitting music.... I will post updates as I go. Wonder how well wool burns? (kidding! kinda.)
 Momma

*Edited to add... I had to tear it out. My circular needles are too big in circumference. Hoping to get a smaller set. But I am practicing on chunkier yarn. Making a scarf or something... 

5 comments:

Joy said...

Oh fun! I made my fist knitted wool hat for Ezra this fall. I made the whole thing using how-to videos on youtube and knittinghelp.com.

I had a few problems here and there, but I had such a feeling of accomplishment when I was done! I'd like to do another one...knitting on circular needles is so fun. :) I used a superwash wool so it is easy care. You can see it in this blog post:
http://www.artfulhomemaking.com/2011/10/handmade-baby.html

Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Anonymous said...

I would be so happy to help you!! speaking of hats, the one you pictured- is that the one you are making?

Anonymous said...

I would be so happy to help you! the lys carries the 16 inch length necessary to make the hats! Or you can knit it on straight needles and mattress stitch up the sides. just as easy. here is a super easy pattern:

http://noelwright.blogspot.com/2011/09/nevada-tigers.html

joyful spirit said...

how's it going girlie?

Grace Mae said...

Hi Emily~
How fun, I love to knit.
If you need any help let me know.