Monday, February 6, 2012

Quilts...


After getting the quilt frame and then making two quilt blocks for a quilt we (ladies in the community) are making for a wedding couple. I am hooked on quilts. Really hooked. We went to a local quilt shop and bought fabric and Eleanor Burns book Irish Chain in a day. Looks simple enough. Yet not too plain.
   We washed our fabric. Then Ironed (ICK! Really do not like to iron.)  Cut our strips for the 9 patches. (Pattern goes 9 patch- solid, 9 patch- solid) 
  We then sewed our strips together.  Next comes ironing down our seams. (can I say ick again?)  In the bottom picture we folded our strips to show us what a 9 patch would look like in our fabrics.  My quilt is the purple. I am making King sized for my bed. I have big plans to make us all nice quilts... But think finishing this one is the most important right now. ;)

Momma

No comments: