Friday, July 18, 2014

Blog.

There is a popular blogger that talks on hard topics. Generally I agree with him. The other day I didn't. I was thinking about blogging here and listing my reasons why. I was working to get my thoughts together. 
   Then I stumped onto a forum. It was over 100 pages long this thread. And first page they said they had made a new thread for the topic since the last one grew so large. Both threads were over 100 pages long. The topic? 
     A momma blogger. They complained about silly little things. Like her 'children not wearing shoes. They could get hookworm. They could eat hurt. The poor little dears. '
    Completely. And utterly rude. Uncalled for. And stupid. 
   Why? Why do we do this? 
  Years ago a friend called me. She has a blog. She also stumbled onto a forum. But she found a picture of her son being the brunt of cruelty. In the picture he was 2. The photo had given him red eye. And the people o. The forum were making jokes and being horrid in their talk about him. Grown adults. Fully bullying a tiny child. But I am certain they justified it thinking he would never know. And he may never know. But he might. It is online. 
   Both mommy bloggers were attacked. Virtually and verbally. I'm the mean one now. I call it public school syndrome. Not all public schoolers have it. But generally they have it or are the brunt of it. 
    Judging. A word I hate. 'Dont judge me'   'You. Don't have a right to judge me'. 'Since I smoke and you don't your. Judging me'  crock of poo. All of it. We are to judge things. We are to judge actions and motives. We are to judge safety and danger. We are to judge right from wrong. And we are to deal with it as Jesus would. In kindness. As peacemakers. 
     My take. The mean forum hiders aren't judging. They are bullying. They are speaking and acting cruelly. And they need to get rid of their computers, repent and practice kindness. But they likely won't. People like that feed on being mean. Like starving wolves. Never satisfied til they get in mean thoughtless words. 
     My wanting to talk about the popular blogger. I'm not going to do it. He gets hate mail. He gets more crap than I'd ever want. I am on the fence with what he did anyway. 95% of the time I 100% agree with him. But I'm not going to add to Internet drama.  Though of course I see what I was gonna do as different. Really. And I was just going to talk it out. Cause I like to. And Patrick has already heard my take. And I his. But sometimes it is hard not to just come here and also blab. But I am deciding not too. 
   I'm 'judging' this issue and deciding to drop it. Walk away. And be thankful I got the reality check. 

1 comment:

Salehi Six said...

Not sure who the blogger is but I like your points!