Saturday, July 19, 2014

Milking for neighbors is profitable


  Friends are going out of town. Or rather to town from the country. ;) we are milking their goats. And picking something's in their garden. I made pickles yesterday and today. Some canned and a gallon and a pint of Sun pickles. Which were crazy easy and fast. Hopefully yummy. 
   Monday I will be able to taste them. They sit in the sun til then. Praying we love them!
 Grandma Katherine also brought over lots of squash, a couple buckets of tomatoes (they became canned salsa last night) and a few more cucumbers. 
   We are getting lots of green beans. But not quite enough to can. I hope to get some from the later planting a we did. I'd like to can lots. 
   Lots of green tomatoes. None have ripened I am ready for lots! I really hope to put up a lot of food this years. We are butchering chicken Monday. I need to can most all. No freezer space. Which is fine. Mainly cause I used canned the most. And freezers scare me. I am always afraid they will quit on me. Losing a jar of chicken is sad. But a freezer full is a terrible loss. We have nearly lost a load before. But I saved it...by canning it all...
     And canning is encouraging. If you do dishes the work isn't noticed very long. But 100 jars of produce lasts much longer. It is satisfying work. I love to can. :)

No comments: