Friday, December 18, 2015

Laundry.

I finally have a laundry system that I love. Really really. Many people warned me not to get a wringer washer. But I have loved them for a dozen years. I used my first one at a dear friends home. She is a Old River Brethren. Like old order Amish or Mennonite. But had a little electricity. They clean well. Really well. And are faster than new machines. By a lot. 
It is in my opinion just as easy as a regular washer. I have never regretted buying her. I do hope to paint her this spring though. I think she deserves to look like a rainbow. She just makes me happy. 
 I am doing 3 loads today. Generally I do one morning and evening. But I got busy. We had company. But still if I were only doing laundry not blogging too... I would be done with 3 loads. All on the line in a hr. it is quick and marvelous. I wash the load. Then wring into the sink. Then change my water and rinse the wring again. When I have multiple loads I do share water from one load to the next. 
We also do a more simple family closet system. This dresser holds clothes for the 5 oldest children. One drawer each. It is amazing really what the single drawer will hold. The bottom drawers hold the big girl clothes as they have larger pieces and need the room. They each have 5-10 outfits. Which is plenty. The top of the dresser in the old trunk shelf are Naomi's diapers. The hanging rack above I dry her covers on. It is perfect. 

Here in the crates are Wisdom and Naomi's clothes. I also generally change Naomi on the dryer. As it is closest to all supplies I need. At night she ARs a throw away diaper. And the kitchen trash is two steps away. As is the bathtub if we blowout...
Sock needing sorted are beside the dryer. I never fold socks as I fold laundry. But work on them as I wash. I fold everything in this room as nearly everything goes in this room. And the only thing that needs to go to the back of the house is mine and Patricks stuff. 
   This is the best way I have ever found to get my laundry done. It is best for our family. And I haven't been behind on laundry ever since starting this system. Trial and error. 

No comments: