Sunday, December 20, 2015


The other day, Thursday, I think, the boys and Uncle Chris hauled a few buckets of Manure up to the small garden. Then Friday the children and I hauled more. And today we carried more. It looked like so much in the buckets. But in a pile in the garden it looked pathetic. It is crazy windy now. So I called it quits. If the wind dies down I plan to get leaves and clean out the goat room (for lots of straw and goat manure) to stir in. Then the plan is to   Cover it in a dark tarp to compost it. It has 4 mths. Hoping it is good by then. If not I'll move it. 
    
Patrick and Wisdom ran to town for the hardware store. Joelle and Rhyyan are walking around in the pasture. They have to carry a BB gun and a big stick. And I make them avoid the fence that goes along their yard. Annoying. But Rhyyan is a good shot. And the dogs tend to leave if you yell at them. 
Lilley is making grilled cheese and tomatoe soup. Home canned by my mother in law. It is so yummy!
   I'm feeding Naomi and planning to knit a while. The house is fairly clean. It is a good day. Main want today is to finish the manure pile. Until then I'll take this warm cozy quiet house. 

No comments: