Saturday, December 11, 2010

Astrid



Our cow, Jocelyn, came with her pet dog, Astrid. I LOVE her! She is a super dog. She came totally trained and ready to go. She is a super guard dog. She has been completely successful at keeping the neighbors dogs off our property. Which I totally love! When we go out to milk she sits with us. She is totally content eating thing scraps and butchering leftovers. And really likes a good bone. I also have found she loves my bone broth too. I can barely stomach the smell of commercial dog food and was so glad she was used to eating 'real' food. She is so strong and healthy too.
My favorite dog yet! In a couple yrs we will get her a puppy to raise up for us. I think she will be a great instructor for us. It is so fun to look out the window and seeing Jocelyn and Astrid laying down in the pasture together. They really are best friends.
~Momma

4 comments:

Omelay said...

tears of deep happiness...

k-)

Salehi Six said...

awe, that is so sweet :)

B said...

Ooooh, how nice to have her already trained!!! A good dog is hard to beat :o)

BeppyJo

Joyful Heart said...

I noticed that when we were there last and loved it that they are such good friends!