Friday, December 10, 2010

Jocelyn



This is Jocelyn.Our wonderful Jersey cow. I loved her when I met her a a dear friends home. She was born on their farm.
I had wanted a dairy cow for yrs. I even sold my sweet goats nearly 1 1/2 ago to buy a dairy cow and never did it. It was a purchase that scared me. One who in their right mind would sell a good Jersey? What kinda problems would I face? Would I waste my $ on a junk cow?
When our friends said we may have to move and get rid of everything. Before I had a chance to think I blurted out "I want the cow!" I still feel like a heel for doing that even though she wasn't offended by it but relieved Jocelyn may be taken care of.
So I told Patrick and the men talked and we now have our cow. A cow that was loved and cared for. And a cow they didnt want to lose. A cow they may one day buy a calf from. A cow that I can call them about whenever and get info on. Or advice. And a cow that reminds me daily of them.
Not to mention all the wonderful milk she gives us. Best milk ever. And I am even trying my hand at cheeses. That is fun! But scary as most of my attempts were fails before.
~Momma

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I came over from Karl's blog! You have a beautiful family! I'm glad to see their animals are happy and healthy as your animals now. Enjoy!