Friday, December 24, 2010

Very COOL Blog!

I just found this today. It might be old hat to some but I love it!
I ADORE Nourishing Traditions cookbook by Sally Fallon. (Borrowed my neighbors for months... Was really hard to hand it back to her!) I was wanting to make her meatloaf recipe. I pulled out the meat to defrost. Then got online to find the recipe. SO GLAD I did! Main reason I wanted too was I pulled a deer spleen and liver out of the freezer 2 days ago. I am a big believer in eating organ meats. And generally I really like them. But never had a spleen before. (other than in out Standard Process supplements) So I was kinda scared to do it. And the liver even made me feel queasy at the thought.
Soooo I decided to make the meatloaf to hide the goodies in. ;) I LOVE the smell of this baking. It will be made for lunch tomorrow. With a little tweaking due to ingredients I dont have. And I am eating no grains so I am gonna use Quinioa instead. (yes still a starch but what else can I use? That I actually have in the house?) Sounds super to me at least.
We have been eating lots of soups. But without bread and also having a good deal of leftovers... (I had deer stew 6 times THIS week alone) Yeah.... Makes a different food really appealing to me.
Oh... the Blog... http://thenourishingcook.com/2010/05/sally-fallons-meatloaf-recipe/

Well at least a link to the meatloaf recipe! Tomorrow my plan is to make cream cheese! I am excited about that.
Loving my quiet weekend (3 children is way easy! 5 arent a problem but still my job is 1/2 of what it is normally!) But now it is nearing bed time.... icky. Sooo I will be adding a Fontie, Ranny, and a Boy to my bed tonight... And will be wearing my neck knife too. Partly cause I am a dork and partly due to the fact my Man made it for me. <3

~Momma

1 comment:

Joy said...

Hi Emily!

This is Joy Kincaid from church. I can't believe we've never talked to each other! I tend to be kind of shy in person, so it's hard for me to walk up to introduce myself to someone--but I sure hope we can really meet each other soon!

You seem like such a kindred spirit. I love to cook "Nourishing Traditions," too. Thanks for sharing this blog link--it looks great! I usually turn to Passionate Homemaking or The Nourishing Gourmet when I'm looking for recipes, but it will be so nice to have another one to go to.

I hope to see you soon!