Saturday, March 15, 2014

My bookends. (Currently)

My oldest and youngest. I can't even tell you the depths of my love for them. 
My oldest and youngest both as children and daughters. I can't sleep tonight. Passed my tired area... Oops.

But I was thinking. My youngest often gets replaced by one younger. But my oldest. She is always the oldest. Once upon a time she was both. Might seen to be a silly comment. But as the oldest sibling myself, it means a lot. And as a mom, it means even more. Do you know my Parris? Then your blessed beyond words. Truly. She is smart,funny, kind, helpful, loving ( it is no surprise that Parris means lover) hardworking, beautiful and this barely touches the surface. But one more word is.. Mine. 
     She has taught me so much. And made me examine me. And heard me say I'm sorry more times than I'd like to admit. Yet not enough. She is helping me grow up yet stay young. I love her with all that I am. I didn't birth her. But that isn't a needed thing to love her intensely. 
   It is spring break. So she is at her moms. I am clueless how i will survive summer break. Though one thing is certain. Ill get her share of the morning coffee...I miss her so much. But she and our new dog get home tomorrow.  
   I can't wait to hug my girls neck. I thank The Lord for her. <3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one blessed mama!

Kaira said...

Oh she's lucky to have you! It's beautiful to hear you talk about how you love her. Such a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Amen!

I am blessed to know and love your Parris - she is an amazing young woman and I have been honored to watch her grow and mature.

Let me add to your list, dedicated, gentle, creative, a lover of good and Godly things.

love,
Grammy