Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Preaching to me...

Philippians 4:11-12 - Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.   

Hebrews 13:5 - [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

1 Timothy 6:6-8 - But godliness with contentment is great gain.   


1 Corinthians 7:17 - But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

1 Timothy 6:6 - But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Philippians 4:11 - Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, [therewith] to be content.

Luke 12:15 - And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Isaiah 26:3 - Thou wilt keep [him] in perfect peace, [whose] mind [is] stayed [on thee]: because he trusteth in thee.

Philippians 4:19 - But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Struggling with contentment and joy today. Trying to change this. Not easy. Why are some days so hard. One thing after another. Trying not to be annoyed at silly things. 

Smiling. Even when it isn't easy.that seems to be a good place to start. ;) reading scriptures and thinking on them is so good. I pray the day gets easier...
   
    Heading out to tap maple trees for sap in our yard. Hope we have success. 

No comments: