Monday, September 26, 2016

Dehydrating.


We grew lots of watermelon this year. Our first successful year. In the past we only got 1-3 from a huge amount of vines. I had considered  it fully not worth the effort. It is a 'extra' not a need and the Mennonites here sell them so cheap. 

   But I found old seeds and had decided to plant every seed I had this year. And ended up with over 30 melons! We are them fresh. We made slushys. We dehydrated it. This morning I put the rest in the dehydrator. 
Then to fill space I threw in grapefruit. Cucumbers and an apple. I am really liking the dehydrator. Before I had only dried things like apple slices.bananas.  Raw food crackers. Cookies. And brownies. Beef or venison jerky. Which are all amazing. But I am in serious dehydrating mode now. Thanks to my friend Noelle! She dehydrates so much yummy stuff. And added me to a dehydrating group. I love it! 

Here is yesterday's watermelon. The children love it!



No comments: