Friday, September 23, 2016

Progress.


Because I am obsessing about my girl. I am attempting to see a difference in her pins. To show possibly that labor has started. 

And another. One of these pics is yesterday. One today. No difference to me. 
Caught stealing a cucumber. Which she spit out and threw on the floor. 
But she is too sweet. Despite her dislike of the cucumber. 
Making the dining room into our pantry. I need the space. I need the organization. Many times I thought we were out of things due to them being all mixed up and in boxes. Now it is spread out and visible. 
And will too soon be full. I need to move the half gallon jars to the shelf for milk. And buy more. SEE THE MILK BUCKET?? I am not overly excited. 
Transplanted our lemon and apple trees this evening with Naomi and Wisdom. It was mostly fun and event free. When I started Naomi came running saying 'garden!!garden!!' It surprised me. But she also surprised me today telling me to 'get it! My water' and 'momma, come Fawn. Come ear! ( which meant she thought it a good time to get back out to the main pasture to see Fawn. I obliged. Had to. Her talking is getting real. Really fast!
Not too much mess... Once I'm organized a bit more microgreens will return. 
Seed saving. I clean then as I can. 
Our minuscule sunflower harvest. I hope to do some major planting next year. To share with the animals. 
Been drying peppers. Jalapeño. Chili. Habaneros. And I can't remember the last. Oops.   
Our pumpkins are not keeping well. At. All. Trying to cook some daily and freeze. 
Yikes. Knocked down weeds to the sad barn. 
Removing hard wear. And anything salvageable. Bittersweet. A lot of animals were raised in there. We will miss it. But somethings are going into the new barn. 
Hi spider. Beautiful guy. 
Wire we are pulling out. 
Dead pallet stanchion. I may never have goats again. At least milk goats. I think I'm ok with that.  Until I buy chèvre at the grocery store. Ouch.  
Sadness. 
That's what a goat pen without goats looks like. Yeah. That is a lot of our allergy issues this year. 
Finally realized instead of pulling weeds for Fawn I can tie her outside the fence while I fill her water and pick up. She made a good dent. You just can't tell in the picture. But maybe after a couple times it will be really great. 
I needed a hose. Badly. So Patrick got me a huge one. I need to take out a short one I. The middle at some point. 
Pretty girl. I love her. I'm thankful for her. (Diarrhea today. Another sign of labor nearing) I sprinkled diatomaceous earth on her back today. She looked like a powdered sugar donut. Hoping it helps with flys. But a couple hrs later she had more flys than ever on her. As you can see. Ugh. 
I ordered in some neem oil. It should be in tomorrow. But I'll wait til Monday to see what the DE does first. Unless she calves. I don't want to milk a first time momma cow while flys pester her. One of these methods better work. 
   I decided to leave her halted on this afternoon. She is good and let's me put it on. But it takes me a minute due to her trying to get the flys away. I never leave it on anymore. Because the neighbor likes to take it off her. It worries him. He is a horse man. I just need it on for a while. Though I might just leave it on during the day only. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine used something from shacklee. Put it in her livestock water. Said the flies never bothered them after that. Can't remember what it was though.