Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Adoption...



It is National Adoption Month. Adoption in a near and dear thing to me. I had to post on it.


This is a picture of friends that adopted their son. It speaks so highly of the love adopted parents have. His Daddy had just got home from his deployment. I love this picture makes me feel so many emotions to look at it! Their love. He is young! And to be away from Daddy so long is so sad. I am thankful.Thankful they are willing to fight for us. Thankful they are willing to sacrifice their time to better help others. They are family due to adoption.They obeyed God and took care of a small baby that needed them. And they needed him. God is good! Families dont always happen the 'traditional way'. I think if they did we'd have more orphans in our world.

God adopted us. I believe we need to look at it more. Pray on it and see if it is what God has for our lives.

There are over 3.8 million orphans in the world. Could you imagine living with no family in a crowded orphanage? Or worse yet living alone on the streets? Never knowing what you'd eat, sleep or if you'd live much longer?

My Dad adopted me. For which I am forever thankful! He was a wonderful Daddy and loved me. I never would have guessed he adopted me. I do NOT believe that adopted children are less than biological. It is something I dont like to hear. We have seen several adoptions. None were ever a bad thing. They are loved and love their parents.

Adoption is a hard road! I have heard of failed adoptions due to working with other countries. The cost is high. The paperwork is long. But I know it is worth it!

If anyone wants to share their adoption story here I'd love to post it! Reading adoption stories is one of my favorite things!

Momma



No comments: