Thursday, September 18, 2014

Apples...

This is my new APC. Ready for her Maiden Voyage. She is a hard worker and took care of over 60 qts of Apple Pie Filling this week. We along with friends we worked up over 110 qts worth of apples. In the form of juice, filling, and sauce. 
    Patrick took a picture of the apples when we picked them. But it is still on his phone. I might post it later. It was a lot. I also hope to pick lots again tomorrow. I know of a few trees. I'd love to put up a ton more jars. But that surely means buying more again... Not sure how many I can or should buy. Plus I have to buy more filling supplies. And make a trip up north to the bulk store. This has been a busy 2 weeks around here. But we are loving it. Fall is the best. 
W still had 6 qts. In the canner at this point. And see the gallon in the back? Half full.  I had no more jars to can in. Again. I have bought jars multiple times this year. More than ever before. And some of these belonged to friends. They brought their own jars. 
   Their daughter is getting married and rather than cake her and her guy decided they want pie. One of the flavors they want is apple. So I convinced them to come make pie filling with me. We had so much fun. It went fast and we spent about 16 total hrs making it all. And we lost plenty to tummies. It is seriously yummy. The father of the bride and the groom also gave a great review. It will be so fun to enjoy it at the wedding. I love work days with friends. 
   There are plenty of people to keep littles entertained. And fed. And fed. And fed again... And plenty of workers. Littles helped too. But attention spans varied depending on the person. But we employed all we could as long as they were willing to be hired. ;) we paid in apples and apple treats. :)


No comments: