Thursday, September 4, 2014

Salsa!!

This is my massive 3 gallon bowl. I am making a fast salsa to can. We are only getting a trickle of maters in. Something is rotting them. We have to pick them early to avoid it. :( 
   But most of these can from our friends Nick and Noelle. They brought them out the other night. I was going to just can them as tomatoes. But then another friend Connie brought us these peppers over. So salsa it is! Yummy! Bringing it to a boil. 
   My MIL called today. She said she was giving away tomatoes as fast as she can. She has reached her limit of canning them. Boo. I am far from done with what I have put up this year. No chili yet. And might not get any up either. 
   Apple season is here. That makes me very happy! Sauce and pie filling coming up! Yummers!

No comments: