Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Perspective.

It is 12:45. AM. I'm tired. I was nearly asleep... I had stayed up to late to begin with. Then was on the verge of sleep and Wisdom wanted water. I got her water. Leave it to me not to remember to send her to bed with her water bottle. She is a champion drinker. All day and night long....
   Then it was I was nearly asleep and she decided she needed a diaper change. Getting grumpy and annoyed now. I need and want my sleep,girl! 
   Ofcourse she is dry...  Your brothers get up at 7! I need to go to bed by 10 to feel good! 
  Now what. Grumpy baby. Grumpy grumpy mama. Maybe a bath would help. But that might keep me up way later.I don't wanta do this. I. I. I. I. I....
   Turned on the space heater in the bathroom. (Bathrooms on the north end of the house?! Why??)
Ran her water. She sat there still as a statue. I wondered if she was just gonna fall to sleep sitting there. Then in true Wizzy style... She came alive.  Splashing. Propelling herself from one end of the tub to the other.asking for Tubby repeatedly.  Making fun of ME. seriously. She is her daddy's baby. I started to change my toon. I was glad. Glad to be up with my baby. Glad to be one on one with her. No distractions. No obligations to distract me. Just me and my Woo. 
    I want and need to be a joyful mommy. Even in the middle of the night. And I realized that. And gave in. Now I must remember this in the morning. It is 3:03 am. 7:00 is super close. And I am laying in bed typing this entry on my iPad. Praying she finishes nursing and sleeps soon....

No comments: