Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ramblings

Currently nap time here. So it is fairly quiet. Patrick had to run to Lincoln,ne. So his phone is with him. I'd really like to call a friend I miss terrible. Not generally a phone fan. But I have for weeks wanted to call her and it hasn't worked or I forget til I'm either busy or time wouldn't be good. Two hr time difference. Bummer. 
    Back is hurting. Doing the exercises on this blog : gwensnest.com search align. I'm not as stiff. But still. Ugh. I'm too cheap to chiro it. But a friend is going to come over this week to practice what she is learning in massage school. In trade for dinner. Score! She has helped me so much with my shoulder. You know the one that carriest the 50LB feed sacks, children, and way too many grocery sacks... That one. Chiropractor was a waste of money for it. But her. Oh man. Worth feeding her for it. I'd pay her $100 a time to have her help me. Really. 
    Lilley is in the kitchen washing dishes and bawking like a chicken. Wisdom is clinking a coffee cup. Nap is too loud today. At least the boys are sleeping. ;) 
    I've decided. ( my friend Becca says this before she says something amazing or not) I'm a coward. I want to be brave. I'm braver than I was as a teen for certain. At least blunter in something's. I also complain too much. Working on that.  I think if something is not a sin I should feel free to do it. But I don't. Even though I want to so bad. I don't. I don't want to be looked at differently than I am. 
   Examples. Two things I have loved since I was a child. Owls and orange. But owls go with witches and orange clothing draws attention to a person and we should be more subtle. 
   Where did I get these ideas? I'm thinking owls and orange are both Gods creation. I freely love them both now. 
   I really really dislike make up. But my oldest wears it. Why? We don't see it as a sin. And she likes the stuff. I can't comprehend why. But I don't think that matters. But for some reason I can't give myself the same freedom. Oh well I guess. 
 
    Joelle got material and a vogue vintage style pattern this weekend. She is getting ready for the costume contest at Baker's Creek in May. She does great work in the craft area. She's amazing. I'll show her progress as she goes. She is sweeping the living room floor and will start cutting it out in a couple minutes. 
   
      I bought a 96 knit stitch guide book. And a beautiful set of knitting needles from knit picks. I love them. Currently on my needles are a doll sweater ( poppy cardigan on ravelry) and a wash rag. My plan is to do each of the 96 stitches in the form of a wash rag. I'm excited. :) 

      Weather is so nice yesterday and today. I hope it continues. After nap I need to go pick lettuce ( in my cold frame) and water it. I really need to start seeds. We buy from bakers creek heirloom seeds. Love them! The food is so much tastier in the heirloom varieties!
   
    I've sewn 3 dresses for wisdom lately. And two for a friend expecting. Also finishing up a baby quilt for her. So fun! I have supplies to sew a fun dress for Lilley. So I need to get it done soon! 
    Wisdom is now sleeping in my lap. I need to lay her down and get busy on something. :)

4 comments:

Salehi Six said...

I think you're thinking is right on! Look at all the color and creativity that God put in His creation. And we can't even imagine the extravagance of Heaven. :) Be yourself sister, and let God guide your mind , not the condemnation of mere humans.

Kaira said...

This is such a lovely read. Miss you on fb.

Anonymous said...

I agree with both comments except the fb part, lol. Starting the 27th. I'm taking fb break myself. Glad you have been blogging. I see I'm quite behind on reading them though.

Patrick and Emily said...

Thank you so much Tammy! Miss you!
Girly! I miss you too!
Noel, I think you'll like your break! I don't miss it! Except for the one or two friends that don't also blog.