Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Today was a day that...

Resembled Monday. It has been a very long day. Not all bad. But oh so long. We are all tired. Judah is tired. Sleeping a late nap. I kinda hope he stays down all night. But he hadn't eaten supper yet. So I doubt he does. 
   Spent the day trying to help the children (youngers) be happy and get along. I decided about 10 am that today was gonna be a wash. Nothing but essentials real essentials would be done. I knew if I tried we all would be over stressed in the end. So since I expected nothing to be done it feels more relaxed. But I'll also pay for it tomorrow. Our new bed is coming tomorrow or Friday. I'm excited. Our bed is old. Like 25-30 years old. It died a lonnnng time ago. But we (me) can't stand buying things like that. I was scared. 
 1: of the off gases...
2: what if we hated it? We couldn't just return it...

I'm still scared. But also impatient and excited. And will really have to clean tomorrow morning... 

Need to head out to milk here pretty quick.  But I'm stalling. I want to eat dinner first. Patrick being gone is really wearing on us now. Looks like 1 more full day without him.. We can do it!
    Today I helped Parris with a pattern that we both got a little annoyed at. But hope to finish the project soon. They are a gift so once we give them we will post pictures. It is adorable! 
   Now Joelle is back to work on her dress for the costume contest. But my brain is too fried to help her much. She is putting in reinforcing stitches currently. I might feel better after milking and putting some children to bed. We will see. 
    Lilley is working on a cute pillow. Pictures later. 
   We all can't seem to keep busy enough. Spring seems close. Despite the dusting of snow today. We can't garden yet. But hope to start some seeds tomorrow. Hoop house is up! Needs a little more securing. But that should be quick. 
    And before the garden is in full swing we will have lots of handwork done. 
  We also ordered 900ish chickens. Sooo excited! I. Can't. Wait. For. Butchering. Day. 
I hate store  bought chicken. We have been out since fall. We didnt do chicken last year. I hope we never ever skip a yr again! Farm fresh food is the only way to do it. Only. Locals let us know if you want some. Mmmm
     

No comments: