Thursday, August 18, 2016

Days.

I haven't picked hardly anything since the cabbages. A few peppers. A squash. A couple green beans. (Literally) That's it. I've put in a lot of hrs. But I keep thinking I haven't harvested much. But looking back at pictures we had at least 40 feet worth of radishes and their greens. Same of beets. We had the 9 qts of sauerkraut from the cabbage. We ate pea tendrils. We are lettuce. Swiss chard. A couple apples. Some broccoli. 
   The pictures from 1 mth ago are amazing. Lots has been done and accomplished since. I was growing weary for no reason. I haven't been in the garden today except to walk through. And to pick the first yellow squash of the season. And to squish the first squash bug.... Grrrr. 
    I'm so glad I took pictures. So much has been planted. Mulched. And grown. Including weeds. Which I plan to pull a couple rows of in the morning. I'm ready again. Ready to plow through and see what I can do. I'm also going to plant in empty spots. As it is getting to be time to plant for fall... Crazy. Crazy. Summer is too fast. 
    But praise the Lord for a new fresh look at the task at hand! I needed it. I am a big quitter most of the time. I'm trying to be successful in all I do. That isn't possible if I jump to other projects all the time. 
This is June 8th. 
This is earlier this week. Lots of growth. More plastic laid. More things planted. So thankful for photos to encourage me!

No comments: