Monday, August 29, 2016

Storm blowing in. Fawn update.


This is up at the gate. Where I feed and water her. So it is yucky up here. Scooping manure in the morning. 
Not much growth. She is supposedly 5 weeks out.
 But I looked up her moms photos from her first calving. And I this is 9 days from calving she looked like this:
  
(Obviously photo by Tabitha O'Melay omelay.blogspot.com ) so maybe we are on track for  a October first calving?? Joce wasn't that tight.  5 weeks lots could happen. Or birthing is a bit further out. Time will tell.... Though I might buy another pregnancy test. 
I'm so happy with her condition. I think she is beautiful. And reminds me too much of her mother. I accidentally call her Jocelyn all the time. Which makes me way too sad. Jocelyn had a much darker face. *sigh 
She is cautious at the storm rolling in. 

Wind was getting pretty strong. 
Listening to me and the storm. In the photos she looks less wide than I feel she looks. She has always looked smaller in pictures than I thought she does in real life. Ha!

Good Night sweet Fawn!!



Know this wild plant? Looks similar to radish?

No comments: