Thursday, August 18, 2016

Sewing

The last two days we have done lots of sewing. I made a dress and a skirt from this purple satin. These are all the scraps. Which I just threw away. I had hoped to make a couple flowers from it. But this fabric frayed as quickly as I cut it. So it wasn't worth it. 
For Lilleys dress I forgot to put the elastic in the sleeves. She likes puffed sleeves like Anne. So once that is done we will get a picture up. 
Since I will soon be painting the dining room I made a new curtain. I love this fabric. And couldn't cut it. So I hemmed it instead. I can't wait to get it done. 
   I also made Wisdom and Lilley a dress each from a blue striped fabric. But the dresses are begging for a pinafore. So hopefully this afternoon. 
    I made Wisdom a little skirt and a pair of bloomers. And Judah a pair of jeans. He likes comfort. So the soft denim and elastic waist suited him well. 
Sewing toilet paper. Sorry. Not everyone here will use it. And the idea bothers many people. But I have meant to do it for years. We spend $20 a mth on toilet paper. I already do mostly cloth diapers. So this is nothing to add to that. And we have emergency back up to paper tissue. 

This was a free flannel sheet. I'm sewing them like pillow cases then top stitching. I'll also use these as wipes for Naomi. If this idea bothers you I apologize. It doesn't interest my husband either. ;)

   I have plans to make a couple nursing friendly dresses for myself. But I'm not to quick to start. Nothing ever really fits me right. 
   I'm headed back to the garden for round two this morning. Trying to fix the neglect it has had this past few weeks. I'm repenting from my slacking out there. Badly. Only bonus is my house is in better shape. 

No comments: