Thursday, August 18, 2016

Food

When you attempt making all possible from scratch and you have a heap of children, food is a big deal. 
   All day long I am asked what people can eat. I tend to offer cookies and fresh produce. But I want to back off the cookies. And I know neither thing can always satisfy. 
   My current solution is this:

A running list of foods they can just eat. A list of foods either in the fridge or the counter where I keep the produce and baked goods. 
  And I try to keep it updated:


I has been really helpful. Basically if it is on the list and you want it you eat it. If it isn't come talk to me. (Which means they want to make something)
  I randomly make things as time allows. It makes meals easier. I pull sides for the meals off the list as well.  It also helps so things don't get lost in the fridge and go bad. 
        Though a popular treat the last few days is tomatoes straight from the garden. But those don't even make it in the door. Let alone the list. Mmmmm
   

Sushi is a favorite here. Rhyyan and I made 24 rolls the other night. It made it til  mid morning the next day. I need to keep supplies on hand better for these. So yummy. Easy. And few dishes needed. 

No comments: