Saturday, June 25, 2016

Beets!

We have eaten piles of beets. It started as soon as the radishes took a break. I had planted a couple weeks apart. To extend the season. And also let some go to seed. (Radishes)

Rhyyan has been wanting to get out to the garden for two days to pick more. But something would keep her attention or interrupt her. So this morning she went out and picked a arm full.  The rule here is if picked they are used immediately. Wilted beets aren't as tasty. So that also plays into when we pick them. 
Here she was playing with photography. 
So fun!
We love beets and their greens. I plan to plant a very large amount this fall. All from this spring are being used fresh. I have considered canning them. But fresh veggies everyday is so wonderful. I still might. Cabbage is ready to pick in a couple days. And I have lots of peppers coming on. Maybe ill ferment a mix up. 

No comments: