Monday, June 13, 2016

Quilting

My Great Grandma (my mothers dads mom) Luella Edith Young had made this quilt top. Over 20 years ago my mom set it up on the frame. And she hand stitched a big chunk of it. Then as crafts do it got set on the back burner. Fast forward to several years ago it became mine. It was winter when I got it. And I tried to set it up in the living room. But it blocked too many doorways. And had to be in the dining room as well it was just to big to set up for a little while even. 
   So for so long I have wanted to haul it to our community building or into the yard to do it. But never did. Yesterday I had a friend come out. Sarah and I like to do things as much as possible when we are together. So I got her to cut out triangles with me for my quilt. And she said she had always wanted to hand quilt. I was excited. I finally had the motivation and no excuses to get it out. 
 
Sweet tea. Shade. Friends. Children. Quilting.   A very southern Saturday afternoon. It was wonderful. 
  

No comments: