Monday, June 13, 2016

Garden


I have been working as hard as I can in my garden. And was given a huge blessing this week of great friends staying here and helping me. They are traveling across the 48 states. This year. And stopped in here.  
   They propelled the garden to heights that would have taken me so much longer. If I could have even obtained it. We weeded. We laid plastic. ( not my first choice for mulch but I have it. And it adds no cost to my efforts. ) we planted hundreds of seeds. We planted pepper and tomato plants(finally!) we put in more of my cow panel fencing to enclose the yard. Trimmed trees and weed eated. Ok they did that part. I moved some branches with the children. 
   It was so great. We have done some sewing. And watched the movie Drop Box.  It made a huge impact on Lilley and she has talked so much about it since. And I think tomorrow the plan is that Rhyyan will teach a bookbinding class. And I will sew a vest. I'm not certain how many days we will have them here. But we are loving the company. 
  Here are photo updates of most of my garden areas. I have tons more to do. As garden work is never ending. But it is good honest work. And I very much look forward to canning season. It is my favorite. I used to endure the garden so I could can. Now I love the garden so much. My garden has joined the list of joys for me that are so amazing in my heart. Like milking. Milking makes me this happy as well. 
   Pictures! First up the trash garden. Notice we are now dealing with cabbage moths. Grrr. Squishing is all I have done so far. 







No comments: