Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Garden June 27 2016


Early this morning, playing with the lite brite. 

Peppers are looking happy. I used 6 hot peppers in s gallon of kraut on Friday. (Today is Monday) 
I also direct seeded some in the other garden on Friday. Hope they come up fast and well. This is no where near enough peppers for us...
Radish gone to seed. Either for this fall planting or next spring. 


Comfrey planted around the apple trees. 
Kale gone to seed. 
Happy apples. Mmmm 
We love these as they bloom all summer long. And need next to no care. 
I need more easy flowers. Though if like some that I only need to plant once...
I weeded this tiny bed this morning. After I finished planting the sweet potato slips. Finally... Only a mth past Shen I wanted it done....
Radish bed. Our smallest bed. 
Cherry tomatoes that Malachi and I direct seeded. I hope to do the same next year. But sooner. Hopefully in a hoop house. 
Horseradish. It grows so fast! We need to pick some of the greens for dinner soon. 
Comfrey. I plan to dig it all up to move it around the apple trees that still need it. It would leave more room here for other things. Or just more comfrey. Either way. 
Daikon radish bed. Also a bit of purselane and a couple green beans as well. 
Happy pineapple. And lemon trees. 
Sad pineapple. Lemon trees. Cilantro. Unknown plant as well. 


Cabbage. The moths are getting bad. Despite squishing the caterpillars we can find. And it is just getting to hot. 
Cutest one. 
I plan to finish picking it tomorrow for more sauerkraut. Yummy!
I am going to plant Lima beans in its place. Not sure how they'll do though. They are more of a spring crop. But I must try it. 
My mil brought me more seeds. Do I planted more yellow squash and cucumbers. Green beans. And sweet potato slips. 
    I lost a pack of green beans. And a pack of watermelon. Oops. Hopefully I find them this week. But I have lots to do if I don't. I wish I had a lb of green bean seeds to plAnt though. 
     I planted sunflower seeds today as well. I am a slow gardener. But I'm trying. 

No comments: