Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Chicken milk

We have one fridge. We often lack space in it. I call it the fridge dance. We drink lots of milk.  Make lots of pudding. And then we skim a jar a day and let it clabber for the chickens. Saves us a little on feed. And gives them great health. They love it. We let it clabber so it is less wasted by them. Good bacteria gets to grow in it too. 
Most people know I eat odd things. I love love love sushi with raw fish or roe. I totally adore organ meats.and chicken foot broth. The best broth ever. If you have eaten at my house and are not a vegan (hello mother!) you have eaten CF broth. And likely several different organs. 
      And I have made awesome 'dippy cheeses' (we call them dippy since we eat it with veggies and chips. ) from clabbered milk. But generally it just goes out to the chickens. 
    Jocelyn (our queen jersey cow) loves the chickens I'm certain. And is only happy to share. ;)

No comments: