Thursday, August 7, 2014

This evening...

It is so relaxing and nice. Children are all happy and keeping busy. The three big girls and I were talking earlier in the day. We really want and need to start something to minister to others. I was too sick for too long. (Lymes and other things) I could barely hang in here. Still have sick days. But they are not like it was. And I can think further than our home right now. (I blame plexus. And my friend B for sharing it) 
    So our idea is to make gifts and share them in nursing homes, hospitals, and hurting people we know. We want our Lord to shine in the lives of others. We want to use our talents to bless him. 
    As a family we love creating. A couple children draw or paint. And are planning cards. Malachi is currently creating cards beside me. (So I just can't call for bedtime.... Hoping it stays good. No tears from getting over tired...) 
    We knit, crochet, weave, spin wool, can, bake etc. so we want to do things with a purpose. But still focus on making what we want to. But this way we have a home for all creations. They are excited. I am not sure if it will be random or if we can make it a certain type of ministry. Like a baby blanket mission.
    Our second child was born with her intestines on the outside of her body. It turned out fine. A single surgery and it was taken care of. But we recieved a beautiful crocheted baby blanket from a group called Project Linus. We loved it and it is a favorite baby blanket here. So sweet. 
    We have a friend that makes tiny tiny baby hats for the NICU close to her home. And another friend that has made several chemo hats and prayer shawls for people in need. 
   Wisdom has joined me and is also 'makin' a picture' I love nights like this. We are listening to a older Meyer Band (  meyerband.com ) CD. They used to be our neighbors. We love them dearly. Miss them lots. But get to see them again later this month. We are so excited. Their music comforts me. Makes for such a nice night.  I am taking a break from my crocheting to write.  
    If you have a blog and I might not know it please give me the address. I love keeping up with friends through blogs. I am on a mission to get all my friends to blog. I am failing. But I will always keep trying. 
   Check out this blog... Our old pastors family. We think they are amazing. And are attempting to get them to move back to MO. ;)
    www.barcaks.blogspot.com

Done for tonight. Love to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should you decide to make shawls/wraps for the elderly I have a great pattern to share with you. It's crochet, and doesn't use much yarn and is fast to make. Just let me know if you want it. Sometime we come over I'll show you a sample. It's perfect for those in nursing homes...

Whatever you decide to do, I know God will bless you!