Friday, August 15, 2014

My movie night date


A little Woo! I love her. She is a good movie buddy. 
Cool Runnings!! I love this movie! Tons. I looked around for it a little for a long time. I found it as a VHS. But quickly lost it. Plus my VHS player eats videos. I have since found it. But only after a very sweet friend gave me a DVD for my birthday this year! I was so excited! 
   It has a few unneeded words I it. We watched it our family and 2 others. And after hearing a set of words twice one of the 8 year olds ( we each have one) turned around and asked us what it meant. We all fell silent and let her dad answer. 
So needless to say I only let wisdom watch it with me so we don't have repeaters. But I still find it awesome! I hadn't remembered off words when I was a child. Not sure if I didn't notice it or if it was a cleaner version. Oh well. Memory. Can't count on it. ;) 

I also brought my knitting along. It is a TGV shawl from ravelry.com 
  My friend,noelle said it took her almost a year to complete. I hoped it would go faster for me. But quickly realized it won't. I am using sock yarn and largish needles. So it takes a bit not to have stitches slip off the needles. I feel like I have to concentrate to knit it. I am about 65% done. I am finding that my limit is around two rows at a time. More than that and I get sick of it and tuck it away for a while. I hadn't worked on it in months til this week. I looked on ravelry and found that I started it in December. I really like that feature! Keeping track of start dates is something I didn't see a need for. But it gave me a goal to meet. I don't want to pass the 1 year mark. We will see if I make it!

No comments: