Thursday, August 7, 2014

It is August.

But this girl likes what she likes. And today that is a velvety long sleeve dress and winter coat. Wondering how long it will last. 

I have always wanted my children to dress in what they like. I do hold some veto power. But as far as winter clothes in summer. And summer clothes in winter. They choose. They learn when they are hot or cold. And regulate it well enough. 
   I used to wear flip flops all year. Unless snow was on the ground. Then I got intolerant of it. I also had a neighbor that would come over in the winter snow bare foot. She didnt seem to notice the cold. First time I noticed we were outside talking and after several minutes I had her come in when I noticed. She laughed and insisted she wasn't cold. Different people are different. And it is ok with me for my children to learn themselves. 
     

No comments: